Friday, October 13, 2006

Mia's First Bath

Since we've been home from the hospital, I've been giving Mia sponge baths b/c we had to wait until her belly button was completely healed before we could give her a real bath. I was not looking forward to trying out the real bath b/c she's screamed bloody murder every time I've given her a sponge bath, and I figured that more water would probably just yield more screaming. And as we started yesterday's bath, I think Mia had the same assumption... Luckily, we were both wrong. You can see from the progression of pictures below that Mia was prepared to hate the bath, then decided it might not be so bad, and finally decided it was pretty enjoyable. In fact, I had timed the bath so that I could feed her immediately afterward b/c that always makes her happy, but she was so mellow after the bath I couldn't even wake her up to eat! :o)

In other news, we had another pediatrician appt yesterday, and Mia is still gaining weight like a champ! She weighed in at 10lbs 8.5oz! And now we have a month before I have to take her in for her first round of shots. :o(

Sleep-Deprived Mommy's Note: This entry has been edited to reflect that Mia gained weight as of her last appt. I'm not even sure where I got the # that typed in the first place... ;o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy One Month Birthday, Mia!!