Saturday, November 18, 2006
Two months!
This was a big week! Mia had her 2mo doctor visit this week...which means she had her 2mo shots... :o( It never occurred to me when I was a kid that my mom hated these appts as much as I did (or more!). I had to hold Mia in my lap while she got three shots in the tops of her thighs. Mia screamed after the first & screamed bloody murder after the second. Then the nurse said, "You'll want to really hold her for this one b/c this one hurts." Great, so this is the one that hurts. I'll be sure to tell Mia... So after that shot Mia turned beet red from the top of her head all the way to her toes and didn't even breathe for about 15 or 20 seconds while she was building up to the scream. It was horrible. :o( Now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to sell her on these visits when she's old enough to ask, "Am I going to get a shot today?"
On the lighter side, Mia grew an entire two inches in the last 4 weeks and keeps gaining weight like a champ. She's now 23.5" and weighed in at 13lbs 7.5oz. That puts her weight in the 96th percentile for her age. ;o) Apparently breastfed babies around rounder in the first six months and leaner in the next six months than their formula-fed counterparts.
And in other exciting news, Mia slept six hours three nights in a row this week and seven hours last night!!!!!!!!!!!! I woke up startled this morning and thought, "What was that?? Oh, it was a clear thought." Hehehe. I was really happy that her shots this week didn't mess up our little sleeping streak. ;o)
This morning we did another 5k race, and I ran it 6 1/2 min faster than last weekend(!). It's so nice to see obvious proof that I'm getting back into shape. :-D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment