Sunday, July 06, 2008
Jinxed!
I'm not going to write down anymore hopeful thoughts about this pregnancy on this blog! Last Monday I blogged about how great the exercising had been going... Then Tuesday, I went for what turned out to be my last run for this pregnancy. :o( I went for a pretty easy two-miler as a part of my bootcamp class, and I could feel my pelvic bone starting to ache. And then it really ached all day Wednesday. So....I won't be doing anymore running until about February it seems. This whole pelvic bone thing sucks, and it came on just as fast and just as bad as it did the first time around. So all week, I've been moving around like an 80-year-old: I have to sit on the bed to get dressed/undress b/c I can't stand on one leg at a time, I swing both legs locked together at the knees to get into/out of bed and my car, I try not to shift my weight while standing to just one leg or the other, and I move in a really slow & measured way, especially if I'm trying to pick something up. The funny thing, though, is that if my hips are completely stable and even, I'm still really strong. So this week I went back to the gym (which I haven't been to in months b/c I prefer my bootcamp class). A couple of days ago I rowed on the rowing machine, and today I rode on the stationary bike and lifted weights. I don't think the rower is going to be a long-term option, though, b/c there just won't be room for the belly as it grows. And I remember feeling like my legs were bumping into the bottom of my belly towards the end of my last pregnancy, but it did work. ;o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment