Tuesday, January 03, 2006
It's a Baby!
Jeff & I just got back from a road trip up through the Pacific Northwest. On New Year's Eve, we woke up and a HPT indicated that we were pregnant. We both apparently find it difficult to get very excited over the news conveyed by a small piece of plastic, because neither of us reacted very much.
I scheduled an appointment for this morning with an OB (I can't believe I have an OB) for a blood test. I tried calling back around 4:30 pm to get the results, and I found out they close about 30 minutes earlier than I thought... But then I got a call from the office around 5:30 pm. They'd gotten my results, and the nurse couldn't see making me wait until morning. (Me either!) "It's positive." Hearing it from another human being was slightly more convincing.
Then we jumped into the nitty gritty of scheduling my first real exam and all the details I needed to know between now and then: It'll ben an hour-and-a-half long appointment that I should bring Jeff to. I'll find out about the hospital where I'm going to deliver. (I'm going to deliver!) Jeff has to change the cat box for the next 9 months. I'm allowed to exercise if I keep my heart rate under 140. I'm going to get an ultrasound at the very first appointment!! I have a phone number to contact my OB if anything goes wrong after hours or on weekends. (I have an OB...)
Some of this helped make it a little more real.
We are going out to dinner with the immediate family on Saturday to spill the beans. I can't wait to see the looks on everyone's faces. :o) I really don't know how I'm going to keep my mouth closed for the next 7 weeks until I can tell everyone else!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment