Saturday, April 15, 2006

Oh, the heartburn...

This has got to be my favorite* pregnancy symptom yet: I drank a 20-oz bottle of water a couple of days ago, and I got wicked heartburn about 2 minutes later. Heartburn from water?? This has to be some cruel joke. So I did some reading and found out that if you drink a lot of fluid after having eaten sort of recently, your stomach distends and causes heartburn instantly. So...I'm supposed to drink water like it's going out of style, but have to make sure that I haven't eaten and that I don't plan to eat soon. This is slightly problematic, considering that I get hungry every hour now!! On a happier note, Jeff and I have an appointment for our big ultrasound next Friday. If baby cooperates, we'll know whether we're having a boy or girl & we can stop referring to our offspring as "it". I'll post new pictures as soon as I can. *Please note sarcasm.

No comments: