Sunday, June 18, 2006

28 weeks!

We're about twelve weeks to go!! I am officially in the third trimester now, and all of the really fun symptoms are kicking in. My back still feels like it belongs to someone three times my age... I've given up walking as exercise b/c it's just too painful. After 20 minutes, I want to fall over & I feel terrible for at least the rest of the day. So I have been swimming for the last couple of weeks, and that is sooo much better. The only time I don't feel pregnant is when I'm in the pool. And my back almost feels normal when I get out of the pool. There's definitely something to be said about being weightless when you're pregnant!! My ankles are also swollen most days, and it doesn't seem to matter too much what I do during the day. Sitting seems to be worse than standing or reclining. My sister and I joke that that I have one bad ankle and one "control" ankle... The left one swells at will and the right one doesn't seem too bad. The effect is that if someone looks at my left leg and says, "That doesn't look too bad", I can show them the right ankle and get instant sympathy. ;o) Otherwise, I'm still doing pretty well. I'm *really* excited that we got our crib today. (Thanks, Pat!!) It's all set up in what will soon be the nursery. It trips me out every time I walk passed it because, well...because there is a crib in my house!! I can't believe we're actually going to have a baby in three months... I will definitely post pictures once the room is put together. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Despite Kristy feeling some pain she looks fantastic!!! There's a bright side for you lady :)