Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mia's first playgroup :o)

Mia and I attended our first parent-tot group, and it seems to have gone over really well. The tot classes are divided into two "age" groups: non-walking infants and walking infants. We are obviously in the non-walking group. The class ran about 45 minutes, which seems to have been the perfect length b/c at minute 46 a few of the babies (including Mia) starting crying. It was pretty funny. Anyhow, before we got to that point we let the babies roll and/or crawl around on the floor and look at each other and play together. Some of the kids can crawl already and came charging over to Mia who was like, "Oh, hello..." Then we sang some songs for them, blew bubbles, played with a parachute, and rolled some balls around in a circle. I think the parachute was the best part. If you've ever seen those giant parachutes that kids play with in P.E., this was the same sort of thing. We all set our little ones on the parachute near us and fluttered the 'chute a bit. Then we put them on the floor and fluttered it above them. Mia was amazed by the moving rainbow of colors...and of course she tried to eat it. ;o)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Regina's view of what Mia is saying in the top photo:

"Oh, hello there. I see you noticed that I am the cutest baby in the room."

Anonymous said...

I love how serious and alert Mia looks in the top photo.

And I am sooo jealous you got to play with a parachute --- always loved that when I was a kid. Maybe I need to look into getting one for my office :)

Kristy said...

I know! Me, too. :o) When she got it out, I was thinking to myself, "Sweet! I love the parachute!!" I think that's part of the reason why it's called a Parent-Tot Class and not just a Tot Class. Hehehe.