Monday, May 28, 2007

Another big week!

Mia has been keeping us rather busy lately! Since my last post, she's become a very speedy crawler, she's taken a couple of cruising steps, she's started saying "da-da-da", and I felt her first tooth!! What a week! She spent most of this week chasing the cats or trying to get to their food. She actually caught Friday once and laughed victoriously. Jeff and I are also pretty excited that she holds her arms up to us when she wants to be picked up now. :o)

Mia's mom is not excited, however, that Mia is still not sleeping through the night anymore. Ugh. (I have to take a final and turn in a paper next week, and I can't even think straight anymore!!) Since Mia started crawling, rolling over, and standing all at once, she's been waking up around 1am and 4am every night to nurse. I'm starting to feel like I did back in the early weeks home from the hospital. But as you can see from this picture, Mia is still happy & healthy, so it's all worth it.

For the record, the emerging tooth is Mia lower, front, left-of-center tooth. There's probably a better name for it, but you know what I mean and I'm too tired to go look it up. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention, as the photo demonstrates, that she also captured the rare kiwi bird and began eating its foot ;-) Hooray!