"Plastical" is my hormone-induced Word of the Day.
My friends keep asking me how it's been to teach my Stroller Strides class as I get more and more pregnant. Surprisingly, while the physical changes in my body (read: breaking pelvic bone) have caused me to scale back a bit, the hardest part of teaching lately has been talking... I hear some of the words coming out of my mouth, and I wonder who came up with them sometimes.
This morning, I was trying to remind my moms to keep their core muscles engaged during an exercise, and instead I yelled out that they should keep their core muscles "tucked under". I just had to laugh at myself, wondering how you would even pull that off if you wanted to. More often, I'm telling my moms to "switch legs" while we're working out our arms, or something similar. And after class today, I was telling someone about a "plastic" toy I saw at Costco yesterday, but I made up "plastical" instead. I can't even imagine what I'll be telling these ladies to do in the coming weeks!
The experts term this condition "pregnancy brain," and here's an article verifying that it exists. ;o) My favorite comment here is that it's a "modest" impairment, sort of like comparing the memory of a 20-y/o to that of a 60-y/o. Modest? My brain has aged 40 years in just over 20 weeks, and that's modest??
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Since I make up words all the time does that mean when I'm pregnant I will start speaking perfect English? And of course by "perfect" English I really mean "perfect-ey" English ;)
Just wait until you are 50 honey! The brain does all sorts of "funny" stuff!
Post a Comment