Saturday, September 20, 2008

Done with School for about 6 Months!

I just submitted my final paper for the summer quarter via email, and I'm done with school until the spring 2009 quarter starts up. I had originally planned to enroll for fall and only take off the winter quarter until two things dawned on me. Since Sophie's due date is 12/14, she could come any time between Thanksgiving and New Year's and still be considered "on time". I decided I could live w/o that variable hanging over my head while trying to study for finals and write term papers next quarter. Probably more importantly, I asked myself why on earth I'd want to have a 100% packed scheduled leading right up to Sophie's due date, even if we assume she came safely after the quarter's end. I already know first hand that having a newborn = getting no sleep. I decided not to go into that already run down from school. So now I'm excited that I get to focus the next few months on the end of my pregnancy, preparing the house for Sophie's arrival, preparing Mia for Sophie's arrival, and wrapping up things with the business before I take my leave.

Jeff and I bought furniture, bedding, and decorations for Mia's big-girl room, and I'm looking forward to starting the project of getting it all assembled next week. We'd like to have her room (including the big-girl bed!) all ready to go so that we can starting setting up all of the nursery furniture in Sophie's new room. And I'd really like have that done well before Sophie actually gets here so that Mia doesn't feel like the baby is kicking her out of the crib. My hope is that by the time she sees Sophie in the crib, she's long forgotten she ever used to sleep there!

No comments: