As I predicted, getting her down for a nap in the bed was a tiny bit trickier, but I have to say that I *heart* Jo Frost. I've been a Super Nanny addict for a while now, and I decided to try out her techniques for putting kids to bed. I did Mia's regular nap time routine, including singing her a couple of songs. The first time she hopped out of bed (which was immediately), I just placed her back and said, "It's bed time, Mia." The next time (also immediately) I placed her back and said only, "Good night." Then I spent the next 10 minutes putting her back into bed while saying nothing and avoiding eye contact. Each time, I walked out of the room and peaked through the door to watch. After 10-12 minutes she gave up on getting out of bed and rolled around for a little while in bed. And within 20 minutes of starting the whole process, she was asleep!! Now I'm crossing my fingers that we can keep this up!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Napping in the Big Girl Bed
So last night in the big girl bed went really, really well. Mia stayed asleep and in bed all night long. I put a baby gate up just outside her door just in case she tried to wander the house during the night, but she didn't wake up until 7am. :-D
As I predicted, getting her down for a nap in the bed was a tiny bit trickier, but I have to say that I *heart* Jo Frost. I've been a Super Nanny addict for a while now, and I decided to try out her techniques for putting kids to bed. I did Mia's regular nap time routine, including singing her a couple of songs. The first time she hopped out of bed (which was immediately), I just placed her back and said, "It's bed time, Mia." The next time (also immediately) I placed her back and said only, "Good night." Then I spent the next 10 minutes putting her back into bed while saying nothing and avoiding eye contact. Each time, I walked out of the room and peaked through the door to watch. After 10-12 minutes she gave up on getting out of bed and rolled around for a little while in bed. And within 20 minutes of starting the whole process, she was asleep!! Now I'm crossing my fingers that we can keep this up!
As I predicted, getting her down for a nap in the bed was a tiny bit trickier, but I have to say that I *heart* Jo Frost. I've been a Super Nanny addict for a while now, and I decided to try out her techniques for putting kids to bed. I did Mia's regular nap time routine, including singing her a couple of songs. The first time she hopped out of bed (which was immediately), I just placed her back and said, "It's bed time, Mia." The next time (also immediately) I placed her back and said only, "Good night." Then I spent the next 10 minutes putting her back into bed while saying nothing and avoiding eye contact. Each time, I walked out of the room and peaked through the door to watch. After 10-12 minutes she gave up on getting out of bed and rolled around for a little while in bed. And within 20 minutes of starting the whole process, she was asleep!! Now I'm crossing my fingers that we can keep this up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment