Thursday, March 12, 2009
Sophie is Sick Again!
Poor Sophie was born right in the middle of this ridiculous cold season that simply will not end. She got her first cold before she was two weeks old, and I felt bad for her that she'd been breathing air for such a short period of time before she had so learn how to breathe through phlegm. She's had the sniffles and a little cough off and on since then. Last week she picked up a double-eye and double-ear infection that morphed from some simple cold Mia had had. So she's been on a class III antibiotic and eye drops since then. Today she was a lot crabbier than usual, and looked like she was wincing in pain every time I picked her up. In fact, she looked like I feel right now, and I feel like I've got Round III of this cold coming on right now. So I took her temp and she was running a bit of a fever. I called her pediatrician, and we got an appointment in this afternoon. Her temp had come down slightly, and the doc knew it couldn't be a bacterial infection since she's been on such strong antibiotics for 8 days now. It's probably a viral thing that will just have to run its course, and hopefully she'll be feeling better in a couple of days. If she's still running a temp on Monday (or if her fever spikes over the weekend), we take her back in to see the doc. Poor baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
get well soon, sophie!
Post a Comment