Last night Jeff & I went out to dinner with my mom, Pat, Heather, & Justin to tell them the good news. We met up at a Claim Jumper, where the wait for a table was 90 minutes! I'm really not sure how we kept our mouths shut for that long. :o)
Once we were finally seated and had placed our orders, I pulled out a gift bag containing a pair of infant-sized tennies and a couple of cigars. We told the group we'd brought some goodies and I handed the bag to my mom to open. She poked around in the paper and then gasped, frozen for a second before almost yelling out, "Congratulations!" The rest of the group was a little puzzled until she pulled out the tennies. Then she said, "We're going to have a baby!" as Jeff snapped this photo.
Everyone else appeared stunned for a moment, until Heather moved Justin out of the way to give me a hug. Everyone shook Jeff's hand, and we told the story about finding out that we were pregant while on our trip. My mom then said, "Oh, Kristy, shopping is going to be so much fun!" At that point, Pat threatened to confiscate her credit card. :o)
Sunday, January 08, 2006
Telling Kristy's Family
Last night Jeff & I went out to dinner with my mom, Pat, Heather, & Justin to tell them the good news. We met up at a Claim Jumper, where the wait for a table was 90 minutes! I'm really not sure how we kept our mouths shut for that long. :o)
Once we were finally seated and had placed our orders, I pulled out a gift bag containing a pair of infant-sized tennies and a couple of cigars. We told the group we'd brought some goodies and I handed the bag to my mom to open. She poked around in the paper and then gasped, frozen for a second before almost yelling out, "Congratulations!" The rest of the group was a little puzzled until she pulled out the tennies. Then she said, "We're going to have a baby!" as Jeff snapped this photo.
Everyone else appeared stunned for a moment, until Heather moved Justin out of the way to give me a hug. Everyone shook Jeff's hand, and we told the story about finding out that we were pregant while on our trip. My mom then said, "Oh, Kristy, shopping is going to be so much fun!" At that point, Pat threatened to confiscate her credit card. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
You are so cute, with this blog. I am so happy for you and Jeff. I just know that you are going to be such a great mother, teaching him and/or her (it could be twins) how to do everything we humans do. I cant wait, you know I am in on any shopping sprees or late night chats (when the heart burn kicks in and you cant sleep)! Having a baby ROCKS, cant wait to join the mommy crew!!
Congrats!!!
Love ya!!
Post a Comment