Sunday, July 16, 2006

32 weeks

We've got about 8 weeks to go now, and the pregnancy symptoms are definitely intensifying now. The pelvic bone situation is pretty ugly. It mostly feels okay during the day, but it wakes me up about every 30 minutes at night. It's so painful and annoying that I dread going to bed at night b/c I know I'm not going to get much sleep, and I don't even really enjoy laying down. At this point, if Mia lets me sleep 2-3 hours at a shot after she's born, that'll be a marked improvement!! Also more intense are the heartburn and the swollen feet. Both seem to defy logic at this point. I wake up with heartburn and sometimes I still get it from drinking water. And the swollen feet don't even go down completely overnight anymore. But on the upside, Mia is moving around more and more. Since I know that she's upside down, I can tell now where her back is and I can tell the difference between arms and legs squirming. I can't yet tell the difference between feet and knees or hands and elbows, but that probably won't be long. ;o) The picture is of my sister Heather and me in San Diego. We escaped some of the crazy heat today and hung out near a model boat pond in the park.

No comments: