Sunday, July 09, 2006

7 months!

We are 7 months along now, which totally seems unreal to me. :o) Mia is getting big & strong enough that she can keep Jeff & me entertained for 15-20 minutes by squirming around visibly. There really is nothing more alien than watching her squirm under my skin!! She has been lodged up under my right ribs for about 3 weeks now, and she pushes up whenever I lean over too far. Let me tell you, if you ever want to fix someone's posture, try kicking a lower rib. That seems to do the trick! The picture above is from Mia's first (in utero) trip to the beach for my friend Marleisha's birthday. (Happy birthday, Marleisha!!) It was a beautiful day and we got to meet Marleisha's nephew Aiden for the first time. He's 4 1/2 months old, and I can barely believe that we're going to have one of those in 6 months!! Crazy... As you can see from this picture, Friday still thinks the crib is his. It's going to be harder than I thought to introduce him to the baby b/c he's going to have weird displacement issues when she takes over the crib. I started looking into a mesh tent that sets up over the crib to keep "unwanted pets out of the crib". It's starting to look like something like that is going to be necessary, at least until Mia is big enough to fend for herself. ;o)

No comments: