Mia's great-grandpa passed away very early yesterday morning, and I'm very sad that they won't have the chance to meet. My grandpa was one of the coolest men I've ever met, and I'm very grateful that my family and I have been able to spend so much time with him over the last few months while he struggled with his health. He was so excited about Mia, and every time I saw him over the last couple of months, one of the first questions he eagerly asked me was if she were kicking. (And the answer was usually "yes".) It seems so cruel that they are going to miss meeting by a matter of weeks, but it dawned on me a few days ago that if it weren't for Mia I'd still be working (more than) full-time during these months when my grandpa needed us most. Because I'm neither a full-time employee nor yet a full-time mom, I was able to spend most of the last six weeks helping the rest of my family to take care of my grandpa. And that was a gift for both of us.
March 5, 1920 - July 24, 2006
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Walker H. Williams
Mia's great-grandpa passed away very early yesterday morning, and I'm very sad that they won't have the chance to meet. My grandpa was one of the coolest men I've ever met, and I'm very grateful that my family and I have been able to spend so much time with him over the last few months while he struggled with his health. He was so excited about Mia, and every time I saw him over the last couple of months, one of the first questions he eagerly asked me was if she were kicking. (And the answer was usually "yes".) It seems so cruel that they are going to miss meeting by a matter of weeks, but it dawned on me a few days ago that if it weren't for Mia I'd still be working (more than) full-time during these months when my grandpa needed us most. Because I'm neither a full-time employee nor yet a full-time mom, I was able to spend most of the last six weeks helping the rest of my family to take care of my grandpa. And that was a gift for both of us.
March 5, 1920 - July 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment