Friday, August 11, 2006

"Nesting"

But not like you think. ;o) I am now so huge and it is so impossible to get comfortable at night that the process now requires four pillows. And I feel like I'm building a little nest around me every time I do it...which I do about a billion times per night. So I've got your basic under-the-head pillow. Then there's the between-the-knees pillow, which takes some small amount of pressure of my aching pelvic bone. Then there's the tucked-behind-the-back pillow, which keeps me from rolling flat on my back and not being able to breathe. And finally, there's the tucked-under-the-belly pillow, which supports the huge belly a bit and reduces the strain on my back. And I have to rebuild my little fortress of pillows every single time I switch sides or get up to pee in the middle of the night. I have no idea how Jeff is getting any sleep...or how there is still room for him in bed with all my pillows! On a side note, I figured out how we're going to keep poor Friday out of Mia's crib. :o) I was reading through the history of this crib tent on the manufacturer's website, and it started out as safety thing to keep babies from jumping out of the crib and on to the floor. Mom, feel free to add your comments below... ;o) But all of these people who had aggressively cuddly cats (like Friday, apparently) started writing in that they were going to be able to keep cats that they'd thought they were going to have to get rid of b/c they couldn't keep them out of the crib. So the company teamed up with the Humane Society and started a "Keep Your Cat" campaign. See, Mom? If I hadn't been jumping out of my crib when I was one, I might not be able to keep Friday today! :o)

No comments: