Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Getting nowhere fast

I had another weekly OB appt today, and I learned that I will likely "shoot right past" my due date... I apparently haven't started dilating or effacing, so it looks like Mia's awfully comfortable and not trying to go anywhere soon. But the reason I was dreading getting to this part of the routine is that I could still go into labor tomorrow. And even if I'd dilated a couple of centimeters, labor could still be weeks away. But I now have something else to fixate on, which is probably the last thing I need! So how about a blog pool (sort of like an office pool, but w/o the office...or the cool cash prize) to guess the correct due date? My mom threw out 9/21 as a date b/c my sister and I were both ten days late. Jeff's new guess is 9/20. I'm gonna throw out 9/15, just to be hopeful. ;o) Any other guesses??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for Sept 19th --- perhaps I'm just a bit biased though ;-)

Sept 13 is also a good day --- my sister's birthday and not as far away from now

Anonymous said...

I've got 9/18. Something about the 18th of a month that is just super special. :)

Anonymous said...

My vote is 9/12 - or 9/3 in hopes Mia's early! :o)

Eat a lot of Spicy Chinese food and/or go horseback riding... (that's what I've heard, anyway!).

I hope she decides to see what the outside world is like soon!

Anonymous said...

9/14...for the obvious reasons :P

Anonymous said...

Sept 15th.