Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mia does things on purpose!

It's my favorite thing in the world that Mia can do things with her hands now! I think I posted a picture of her a month or so ago where she was waving one of these little rings around, but she had no idea she was doing it. Mostly, I'd stick it in her hand, her fingers would close around it, and then it'd be there until she unknowingly relaxed her hand. Now I hold these in front of her and the look on her face says, "In the mouth!" Then she starts reaching for it, and as soon as she's got it...in the mouth it goes! So this makes for some pretty cute pictures.

Now, it would have been terribly inappropriate to have taken (much less posted!) pictures of what happened next. She sat there contentedly playing for several minutes until she absolutely gagged herself and threw up her entire breakfast. What is with that?? It is called a gag reflex, right?? What the heck? And she looked at me afterwords as if saying, "Mom, that sucks!" And I'm thinking, "Yeah, I would think so..." Yet, she keeps doing it!! She's going to be the first kid with a teething sofa, b/c I'm so about to take away all of her toys that are smaller than furniture...

No comments: