Tuesday, April 10, 2007
End of the swaddle
Last update for today. ;o) This is a picture I took of Mia the other day doing something totally new: sleeping w/o a swaddle. Many of you have seen Jeff or me swaddle her up and it's been like an off switch. I'd read that most babies who like to be swaddled give it up around 3-4 months and that some occasionally hang out w/ the swaddle until about 6-7 months. Mia was definitely in the latter camp. The problem is that she still likes being swaddled, but at just over 18lbs it's no easy task to keep her in one. And whenever she broke free, she flipped over to her hands and knees and cried like the world was ending. So Jeff and I decided that we probably just needed to move on. So on Sunday night after our long drive home from Easter dinner, she was already sleepy so we just put her down in the crib and prepared to endure the crying. And then...nothing. She just went to sleep. And then she did it again for all of her naps yesterday and at bedtime last night. So...seems Mia was ready to move on before her parents were, eh? ;o) I'm just glad that she can sleep more easily now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment