Monday, June 30, 2008

Mia's First Camping Trip

Jeff and I took Mia on her first camping trip this weekend. We met up w/ Heather and Justin at one of the campgrounds at Bass Lake, which is about 15 miles south of Yosemite. Mia had a blast, and the trip was definitely a success. I think she thought we'd moved into a playground for a few days. She was covered in dirt the whole time, and kept giving me this look that said, "Aren't you going to make me go home soon?"

The only thing I was really worried about was how well she would sleep in a tent... She still sleeps in her crib at home, so I had no idea if she would take to a sleeping bag. The first night she crawled in between our mattress and her sleeping bag and slept right on the tent floor. The second night, she stayed on her bag, and slept with her butt up in the air. It made for a pretty cute picture, which you can see below. ;o)

Mia also had fun feeding ducks, splashing in the lake, and collecting sticks and pine cones. Jeff and I are both excited about taking her out again, especially since she had so much fun the first time around.

You can also click here to visit the album to view larger versions of the photos.


No comments: