About 7 days after Sophie was born, I finally felt strong enough to start walking for exercise. I decided to take it super easy though for two reasons. First, only a couple of days prior, trying to finish a shopping trip at Target was friggin' exhausting! I had that same feeling you get when you start walking around when you're running a bad fever. It's like you're whole body tells you that you shouldn't be doing this, but you feel it all in a very nondescript sort of way. Second, I started pushing myself to soon after Mia's birth, and managed to pull an abdominal muscle that went all the way to my groin just from walking.
So the first couple of days, I just circled my block at a toddler's pace (specifically Mia's) and came home. Yesterday, I circled two blocks w/ Mia in tow. And today, I decided to load both girls up in the double stroller and venture out a bit further. We managed to walk about 1.5 miles, but I kept the pace to a crawl. (It took me about 40 minutes to get back home.) I felt good before, during, and after. And both girls did great: Sophie slept the whole time, and Mia mostly played gently w/ Sophie's feet.
I thought it was pretty funny that Mia kept asking me where we were going. It made me realize that even though I've run countless miles with her in the stroller, we haven't run at all in the last 6 months. So we haven't really had the opportunity to chat while I run or walk until today because her ability to talk has developed so dramatically. I'm looking forward to working (slowly) back to running and being able to chat w/ her more as we start logging the miles again. ;o)
P.S. I have approximately a million photos like the second one above. I think Sophie must sleep ~22 hours each day. (This figure may be slightly exaggerated...) She's up for regular but short intervals of nursing, during which time she likes to look around and take it all in. But within a few minutes she's back to sleep, and during the day this is her favorite way to sleep. Maybe I'll make a flip book of her growth & development as it occurs sideways on the Boppy...




1 comment:
CUTE,CUTE,CUTE!! I hope you recover fast. And get to running soon. :)
~Dolly
Post a Comment