Mia and I picked up a few new books from the library today, and this one caught my eye because I thought it would be fun to work on some letters together. Each page of the book has a giant illustration of a letter looking like a word that also starts with that letter. (I.e., the first page is an "A" drawn to look like an alien.) One the very first page, the letter "Z" climbs down from a sign at the zoo and walks past all of the letters illustrated in the book on its way home. On the last page, it walks into its living room and announces that it's home, and its family (several other letters) is sitting around the living room like one might expect to find any family when arriving home.So when we got to that page, I pointed to the letter "O" sitting on the sofa and asked Mia if she knew what letter it was. And she responded as if that were the most obvious thing in the world: "O." I was sure this was a fluke. Maybe she meant, "oh..." So I pointed to the "W", and then the "E", and the "I" and asked her about each one. And she got each one right!! This kid continues to amaze me everyday.




1 comment:
She is a little smarty pants... so how much are you making that check out to PBS for?
Post a Comment