Wednesday, October 08, 2008

7 Months

I can't believe it, but I'll be 7 months along tomorrow. I had another visit w/ my OB yesterday, and things are still looking good. BP and weight gain are still good, my glucose screen was normal, and Sophie's growth is measuring well. In fact, I'm so normal, he had me schedule my next appt for 3 weeks out instead of two.

While I was there, I got clearance to fly up through the first week of November so Jeff and I can try to get away for a "babymoon" weekend at some point. I am amazed at how claustrophobic it feels to be grounded from travel during that last month. I won't be able to fly at all, and I won't be able to travel by any means more than an hour from my hospital. I think with Mia, since I had still been traveling for work rather recently, I was excited to have someone tell me I couldn't fly anymore. (No more cross-country flights to New Jersey where I can pick up a train to NY, where I'll be for 36 hours before heading back the same way?? Sign me up!) But now, even though I've only flown a few times at all in the entire last three years, it feels like I'm grounded. However, it also means we're getting very close to Sophie's arrival, which is exciting. :o)

I talked with my OB about two other issues during yesterday's visit that I was very happy about. First, I got a referral to a chiropractor in the area who works with pregnant women. I don't know how I never thought about seeing a chiropractor in my first pregnancy or until now this time around, but I'm so excited about getting an appt and seeing if this woman can bring any relief to my hips, back, and especially my aching pelvic bone. I'll definitely update on that one!

And I also talked to my doctor about being able to to drink water and Gatorade during labor at the hospital, and I got his blessing. (Yeah!) When I was in labor with Mia, Jeff had brought a huge variety of food and beverages home for me to graze from, and for the first 20 hours I did a lot of grazing. But once I got to the hospital, I was restricted to ice chips... So I still had 13.5 hours to go and a lot of work to do (still had to dilate from 2cm to 10cm) and I got no food. I don't remember wanting to eat any actual food, but it would have been great to be able to drink water or to get some calories from something like Gatorade. It's nice to know that I won't have to deal with that particular issue this go around. (And let's hope for a shorter labor to boot!!)

No comments: