Monday, October 13, 2008

Progress on the Potty-Training Front

I'm sure that I'm jinxing myself just by typing this, but we are starting to make some slow, steady progress with the potty training: Mia has peed on the potty at least once each day for 6 straight days! And today was an amazing (and successful) adventure with a trip to a public toilet!! The biggest sacrifice I've had to make in all this is the countless hours I've endured the Elmo's Potty Time DVD in the last month, but I can't say enough good stuff about that (frickin') DVD. The first time she watched it, she marched straight to the potty as it ended and peed. Twice in ten minutes. And she told me all about how Elmo peed and pooped the whole time. (Sigh.) She's also learned about the importance of washing her hands, and she's particularly concerned with getting the backs of her hands clean, too. So I'm resurrecting dim hopes that she may be potty trained by the time Sophie arrives...if only to regress upon her arrival. ;o)

No comments: