Sunday, September 03, 2006

Great Moments in Pregnancy

Here's a great moment in pregnancy... I was getting dressed for a wedding yesterday that took place about an hour's drive from home. I had picked out the black pants and the only cute top that still covers (most) of my belly, and then I grabbed the only black shoes that still fit when my feet swell. And my feet swell unless I happen to be in bed for 8-12 hours... And they swell especially badly while seated, like in a car for an hour-long drive. So I decided that I would get totally dressed but keep my tennies on (which seems to help with the swelling) while I finished running around the house to get ready, and then I would just change shoes when I got to the wedding site. And normally, the sight of yourself in black dress pants, white socks, and tennis shoes would be a sufficiently tacky reminder to grab your black dress shoes on your way out the door. Problem: At 39 weeks, you haven't seen your feet in a couple of months... So, blissfully unaware of my horrible fashion faux paux, I walked out of the house dressed like a high school English teacher nearing retirement. And it wasn't until I was half way to the wedding site that I realized that I must still be wearing my tennies and that I didn't bring my black shoes along... Luckily for me, I'd left myself an uncharacteristic 30 minutes of buffer time for the drive out. So I ran into a Labor Day sale at a Mervyn's I saw along the freeway and picked out a pair of black slip-ons in record time. And it was only b/c I took the shoes out of the box and left them on top of my purse in the passenger seat that I remembered to change into them when I arrived at the wedding. So, Ari & Erika, you have no idea how close you were to having a nine-months pregnant lady in tennis shoes at your wedding!! :o) Congrats, you guys! It was a beautiful wedding, and Jeff & I wish you all the best.

No comments: