Monday, September 11, 2006
T minus zero...and nothing!
I have three library books due today. They will be on time. Mia, who is also due today, will not be on time...
I had yet another OB appt this morning, and we are still making no progress. I spent about an hour and a half at the office today, b/c after the regular routine they moved me to a special room they'd managed to keep secret in the previous 40 weeks of my pregnancy. I sat in a small room w/ a very comfortable recliner in front of a tv while one of the nurses strapped a monitor to my belly. For about 30 min, while I sat with my feet up holding a remote for the tv, the monitor recorded Mia's heart rate and any contractions of my uterus. I was also given a button to push (very similar to the ones they use to buzz in on Jeopardy) every time Mia moved, and the monitor spit out a roll of paper with graphs of all three events taking place. I had one good contraction while I was there (though it was still just a Braxton Hicks contraction), and it was cool to see it on the graph later. My OB warned me that the real ones would be more painful. I had sort of figured as much since I found this one to be "amusing" and not "excruciating". ;o)
The important part is that Mia's heart rate & movements are still very good. My BP is still very good. So everything is great...except that Mia still doesn't want to vacate my uterus. So, I'll be going in every few days now to sit w/ the monitor to make sure that she's still doing well. A week from today my OB wants to start talking about "Plan B" in case Mia still doesn't decide to come on her own, though we won't actually start the eviction process until I hit 42 weeks.
It makes me tired to think of two more weeks of this. I might go take a nap now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment