Wednesday, December 10, 2008

40-week Appointment

Turns out my OB still has my "official" due date as 12/12, so I'm due in 2 days instead of 4. Doesn't mean much, but I'll take it! ;o) On the other hand, he also said there's nothing going on w/ my cervix. So much for the 1 cm I heard about last week... Since I'm basically at my due date, he also had me do a nonstress test while I was there. It was pretty cool to watch her heartbeat hang out around 130 and then spike to about 160 every time she started moving. When my OB looked at the printout of her movements and heart rate along w/ my contractions, he said that everything looked perfect. So, assuming I don't go into labor first, I head back to the OB's office on Monday morning for another NST.

My favorite part of the visit was that they specifically told me to have a good breakfast before Monday's test, "like pancakes with lots of syrup." Why have I never received an Rx for pancakes before?? ;o)

No comments: