Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Still here.

Yup, I'm still pregnant.

We had our prenatal meeting w/ our doula over the weekend, so I'm feeling pretty confident now...for whenever Sophie decides to make her appearance. ;o) Our doula is going to come hang out w/ us at the house once I'm in "active labor" until it seems like the right time to head to the hospital. Her plan is for me to get there at about 9cm dilated! Jeff and I decided to look into hiring a doula b/c we both think that part of the reason my labor w/ Mia lasted so long was that I was sooo tense the whole time. That is, until I slept for an hour after a shot of narcotics and dilated 3cm in that time, after spending the previous 26 hours dilating to only 4 cm!

Plus we learned from our Bradley Class and our doula that sitting in a reclined position (or laying flat on your back, for that matter) can cause the baby to flip so she's facing away from your spine, which is what causes back labor...and extremely long labor. So I've been sitting perfectly upright or leaning forward a lot. I've also been doing a lot of floor exercises to "encourage" Sophie to flip (or stay flipped) toward my spine. I can tell that she is positioned much differently than Mia was at this point, I just didn't get that Mia's position was a bad one at the time!

At any rate, we'll keep you posted. I just found out that our hospital has free Wi-Fi now, so we should be able to get some pictures up pretty quickly. And for those of you on FaceBook, I'll probably update my status once I do go into labor. (I did manage to get an email off to update the blog on our drive to the hospital last time!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i expect that sophie's going to pop out texting to everyone that she's arrived ;-)