However, "D" is for "due" and not for "delivery"...
I'm still here! I've once again made it all the way to my due date, and it doesn't look like Sophie is getting claustrophobic yet. I have to admit that, though I am extremely anxious to get this show on the road and meet Sophie already, I'm feeling okay. Especially compared with how I felt at this point the last time around. I have almost no swelling in my legs or feet, I'm still very mobile, and I've gained about 12 pounds less than last time. I'm also still teaching my Stroller Strides class, which probably helps with all three.
What is very different this time is that I'm contracting all the time, and have been for the last few weeks. Some times they last for an hour or more, and then they just go away. I can see why if you've never been through labor before you would think it was the real deal. I never had any contractions w/ Mia that I would have described as more than "amusing" until I actually started labor. Last night I contracted through an entire episode of House and then through and entire shopping trip to Babies R Us afterwards (with none in between, either). And, as I have for weeks now, I contracted through my entire Stroller Strides class this morning, and nothing since.
I did have my first crazy nightmare yesterday... I'm hoping it was triggered by hormones surging to start labor for real soon! (I remember having at least one very vivid dream shortly before Mia was born.) Let's just say that I dreamed that I was attacked by a toothbrush on a very old pirate ship, if you can extend the meaning of "attack" to include "peering ominously under a closed door". All I know is that said toothbrush got such a reaction out of me that Jeff shook me awake, telling me that I was either in labor or having a nightmare. Unfortunately, it was B. ;o)
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment